07 December, 2004

Information Systems

After doing tossing and turning in bed, waking up at 3 am, 3:30 am, 4, 4:30 am and so on until 8AM I proceeded to the Wembley Exhibition Centre Hall 1.

Three hours passed and I was out, finished, with my first exam on Paper 2.1, Information Systems.

There were a total of six questions, in part A there was a CASE study and three manditory questions regarding some aspect of IS/IT. In part B you had to choose two out of three questions. I completed most of part A before moving on to part B. In question 4 I had come to a little dead end in the first part where it asked me about the disadvantages of decentralisation, so I left it out until the end and came up with something later in the end of the exam.

Now, I started doing question 6, a "Decision Table" had to be constructed for 12 marks, wow I thought, so damn easy! But I've encountered these innocent easy questions before, you get the 12 marks and the other 8 marks were a red herring, you literally had no clue what to say. I started doing it and doubted myself, and scrapped it. Turns out I did it correctly in the first place, but they won't mark it

I did question 5, which had one 10 mark question regarding Data Flow Diagrams, an aspect I knew quite well, so I drew my illustrations, examples, more examples and explanations. The other 10 marks of the question were regarding some sort of interview and questionnaire junk, I mostly had to use common sense and logic in that one.

The first three parts, are too scary to describe but I would just like to say that I managed it.

Thirteen pages of writing in three hours, not too shabby! Roll on Law...

No comments: